If you're using the Postman Chrome app,
1. We strongly suggest you move to the native apps (https://www.getpostman.com/apps) :). Chrome apps will be deprecated soon (for OSX / Windows / Linux), and the native apps support a lot more features.
2. Before reinstalling, head to chrome://indexeddb-internals/ and search for "fhbjgbiflinjbdggehcddcbncdddomop". You should see two folders listed - you can backup the contents of these folders.
3. Reinstall, and move the backup to its original location.
If you're using the Postman native apps,
1. Try opening Postman via the command line:
- For Mac: "<path to Postman.app>/Postman.app/Contents/MacOS/Postman"
- For Windows: "C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Postman\app.<version>\Postman.exe"
Any logs seen in the terminal while Postman is opening might indicate what the problem is.
2. If the Postman window is opening, try checking the DevTools console (View -> Show DevTools) > Console tab for any errors thrown.
3. If there are no messages anywhere, you'll need to delete your local app cache:
- MacOS: "~/Library/Application Support/Postman"
- Windows: "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Postman" and "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Postman"
- Linux: "~/.config/Postman"
and reinstall the app.