This is mostly due to a server-side redirect. If Postman receives a 301 or 302 response code, it will automatically follow the redirect. Similar to the behaviour in browsers, the original request method will NOT be preserved, and the redirected request will be made with a GET method. If you want to disable the auto-follow redirect behaviour, or if you have other questions regarding this, please review the relevant documentation on redirects here.
Articles in this section
- How do I use my Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment with Newman?
- Can I add cookies for a domain that isn't present in the cookie manager?
- My Google account has two-factor authentication enabled, and I'm not able to 'Signin with Google' from the Postman app
- I lost all my data - how to recover it?
- Unable to reset password
- My requests take longer time to receive response
- Where can I find logs for the Postman app?
- What are the system requirements for using Postman?
- Postman window is blank
- The interceptor is on but I am unable to intercept any cookies.