The interceptor acts as a bridge to your browser and enables you to access a website that requires some sort of authentication (effectively setting a 🍪).
A small installation step is required before the integration can be used. For this, you will need to download an OS-specific version of the bridge (see requirements below).
The installer script will add an entry (certain file directories for OSX/Linux, Registry for Windows) that tells Chrome where to find the bridge executable.
The next time Chrome opens and the Interceptor extension is enabled, the Interceptor will have a permanent duplex messaging link with this executable. The executable starts an IPC server, to enable communication between Postman and the executable.
Requirements for the installation of the native bridge
- Postman Interceptor (v0.0.26 and above)
- Postman Canary App (v7.1 and above)
- Interceptor Bridge (available here)
- Run the install script from the OS-specific Interceptor Bridge package. Do not change the location of the com.postman.postmanapp.json file after executing the install script.
- Windows users only: restart Chrome.
- Go to chrome://extensions/Install and enable Developer Mode
- Click on Update
- Open the console in Postman Canary
View > Developer > Show DevTools (Current View)
- In Console, enter the following
For every domain you enable a cookie syncing for, the Interceptor will transfer all current cookies from the browser, and sync future cookie updates too.
You are now all set to make API calls to any URL that requires cookie/session auth. 🎉