When starting Postman, the following error message is shown:
Deleting the local files for your Postman installation, and reinstalling the most current version of the app, generally fixes this error.
Deleting the local files for your Postman app will permanently delete your local Postman data. Before proceeding with the resolution steps below:
- Make sure your work is synced to your Postman account
- If you don't have a Postman account, were not logged in to the Postman app before this error occurred, or your data is not synced to your Postman account, do not proceed with the resolution steps below. Instead, please reach out to email@example.com for further assistance.
1. Quit all open instances of the Postman app
2. (Windows only) Uninstall all versions of Postman, including our Chrome app.
- Note: Postman Canary runs independently, so it doesn't need to be uninstalled.
3. Delete the Postman folder(s), found at the following locations depending on your operating system:
4. Download and install the latest version of Postman
If you're on Windows, and Postman still won't start after the steps above, you may want to try the following as well:
a. Launch Postman from the command prompt, using the following command:
start /affinity 1 %LocalAppData%\Postman\app-7.2.2\Postman.exe
b. Check your Windows environment for a NODE_OPTIONS variable. Remove it, then launch Postman again using the command above.
If you're still not able to start Postman, please open a ticket with us at https://www.getpostman.com/support for further assistance.